If you work with large volumes of data, but cannot afford a data warehouse solution, then read on…
Data warehouse implementation may be the best option for companies with deep pockets but, realistically, most SMBs (small and medium-sized businesses) cannot afford such expense. Our SMB clients often need a tool that can support massive amounts of operational and financial data, from multiple databases, without the expensive price tag attached to a data warehouse solution.
Microsoft Access is a highly affordable and effective system for meeting intermediary data management challenges until a more complete data warehouse becomes available. Access was developed for users working with significant amounts of data, who do not have (or want) the programming experience necessary to build an SQL database, but who need more flexibility than Excel would allow. While an Access database may take more time and thought to set up than an Excel file, the return on investment is significantly greater.
Key features of Access includes:
- Compatibility with most SQL-based enterprise systems such as SAP and Oracle.
- Scalable to almost any sized business (Excel has row limitations while Access can compute millions of records)
- Easy on-going maintenance (meta metadata can be added without having to change formulas or create additional worksheets or files)
- Easily auditable as there is a single system of record
- Allows several users to enter data simultaneously
- Add-on features such as Dashboard Builder provide a powerful way to track key business metrics
Meritus’ Client Successes with Access:
- Software company uses Access to analyze utilization and capacity of more than 400 global professional services consultants using data from disparate HR, resource management and accounting systems;
- Financial services company uses Access to analyze over 4 million transactions; and
- Start-up company uses Access as a full-cycle accounting system!
To learn how Access can be a quick and inexpensive solution to your data management needs, contact us at email@example.com or 650.587.5199.